Reporting traffic accident after the event?

Kevin249
Topic Starter
Juridisch actief: Nee

Reporting traffic accident after the event?

#1 , 26 apr 2021 22:57

Quick question if I may.

Someone reversed into my motorbike and we were both at the scene. The gentleman admitted fault but asked to not go through insurance as he would rather pay for the repairs privately. I agreed as I was in a rush at the time and the damage looked less severe than it turned out to be. He is now doing a u-turn and refuses to engage in conversation or admit liability. What are my options?

Thank you in advance.!

Jureca
Juridisch actief: Ja
Regio: België

Een juridische oplossing. Voor elk probleem, voor iedereen!

Benieuwd naar jouw juridische opties? Jureca begeleidt jou aan de geschikte oplossing. Klik hier om jouw situatie te beschrijven en we nemen binnen de 24 uur met jou contact op voor persoonlijke begeleiding
LeenW

#2 , 27 apr 2021 01:12

Voor de zekerheid, gaat het hier om een ongeval in Vlaanderen?

Inazuma
Juridisch actief: Nee
Contacteer: Website Twitter

#3 , 27 apr 2021 12:48

Someone reversed into my motorbike and we were both at the scene. The gentleman admitted fault but asked to not go through insurance as he would rather pay for the repairs privately.
NEVER agree to such arrangements ...

At least, require a written confession of liability if you do agree to this scheme.

No written admittance of liability + not going thru insurance, virtually always leads to the following
He is now doing a u-turn and refuses to engage in conversation or admit liability. What are my options?
Report the accident to the police and to your insurance
If you can somehow prove he reversed into you :!:

If you can't prove that, you might end up being seen as having caused the accident yourself :!:
In that case, you might NOT want to report it ...

Reclame

Terug naar “Verkeersongevallen”