Currently without a residence permit or a visa in Belgium. What to do?

MythicalLeet
Topic Starter
Juridisch actief: Nee

Currently without a residence permit or a visa in Belgium. What to do?

#1 , 02 mar 2021 13:02

I currently study in Belgium and recently my residence permit from Latvia has expired and cannot be renewed. Which means I cannot stay in Europe. However, I study here and cannot leave. My student visa was rejected back in December.

I asked the university if they can do anything and they said they cannot and told me to apply for a visa again in Istanbul (That's where the visa application center is).

Now my only solution is to hire a lawyer but it's too expensive. So I am here to ask you guys, what should I do? I don't have any legal base here and literally staying illegally here I guess. I believe my best option is to leave right now and apply for a visa again. But I was wondering if there's any other way to stay here (Belgium) and obtain a visa somehow.

The reason I am scared to leave right now is that because my visa may get rejected again and am gonna miss exams in June.

Jureca
Juridisch actief: Ja
Regio: België

Een juridische oplossing. Voor elk probleem, voor iedereen!

Benieuwd naar jouw juridische opties? Jureca begeleidt jou aan de geschikte oplossing. Klik hier om jouw situatie te beschrijven en we nemen binnen de 24 uur met jou contact op voor persoonlijke begeleiding
freelance

#2 , 03 mar 2021 14:49

Do you understand Dutch ? Can you understand information provided in Dutch . Can you explain yourself in Dutch . ?

What was the reason the residence permit has been expired ?
And why can it not be renewed ?

Are you a European citizen ? as the residence permit has been provided by Latvia , and a new one need to be asked in Istambul ? What has Istambul to do with it ? ( or are you a Turkish citizen ) .

Information about residence permits for students can be found here :
https://www.agii.be/thema/verblijfsrech ... ds-student
Wat een wet interessant maakt ,
is wat er in die wet , niet in staat .

MythicalLeet
Topic Starter
Juridisch actief: Nee

#3 , 03 mar 2021 16:09

Do you understand Dutch ? Can you understand information provided in Dutch . Can you explain yourself in Dutch . ?

What was the reason the residence permit has been expired ?
And why can it not be renewed ?

Are you a European citizen ? as the residence permit has been provided by Latvia , and a new one need to be asked in Istambul ? What has Istambul to do with it ? ( or are you a Turkish citizen ) .

Information about residence permits for students can be found here :
https://www.agii.be/thema/verblijfsrech ... ds-student
No I am not dutch I am a foreign student from Azerbaijan. Latvia cannot renew my residence permit because "I study in Belgium". I am not a EU citizen. Istanbul has the main application center to apply for Visa D for students. Which I applied at and got rejected too. Thank you for reply though.

Reclame

LeenW

#4 , 03 mar 2021 16:14

If your permit has expired, you are legaly required to leave the country.

Terug naar “Europees / Internationaal recht”