Fire insurance/civil liability in Belgium

Scott104
Topic Starter
Juridisch actief: Nee

Fire insurance/civil liability in Belgium

#1 , 01 okt 2021 21:54

Dear All,

I do not really understand your insurance system. The price setting seems kind of arbitrary and there does not seem to be a good online platform for comparing prices.

Now I have an offer from an insurance that would cover civil liability+fire for 140€/year they have not asked for the squaremeters of my appartement.
Then there is another one which was offered by "Korfine" for fire insurance only and its is 236€. They calculated on the basis of my appartement size, which was provided to them by my landlord.

Of course, I could just take the cheaper one, but in my view it is not cheap at all coming from Germany. I mean everything is so expensive here. In Germany I had a pretty good civil liability insurance for below € 40 a year.

Does anyone have advice on how to calculate or where to go for a good offer?

Jureca
Juridisch actief: Ja
Regio: België

Een juridische oplossing. Voor elk probleem, voor iedereen!

Benieuwd naar jouw juridische opties? Jureca begeleidt jou aan de geschikte oplossing. Klik hier om jouw situatie te beschrijven en we nemen binnen de 24 uur met jou contact op voor persoonlijke begeleiding
Inazuma
Juridisch actief: Nee
Contacteer: Website Twitter

#2 , 03 okt 2021 14:35

Now I have an offer from an insurance that would cover civil liability+fire for 140€/year they have not asked for the squaremeters of my appartement.
Fire insurance for an apartment + civil liability for 140€ is a decent price

You won't find anything near 40€

https://www.brandverzekering-simulatie. ... l#4-kamers

Of course, I could just take the cheaper one, but in my view it is not cheap at all coming from Germany. I mean everything is so expensive here.
It's dead cheap

Paying 550€/year for fire insurance (for a house) here ...

pho450

#3 , 05 okt 2021 15:12

It's not really clear from your message, but you mentioned a landlord.
You should be aware that there is a difference in fire insurance for the renter and the owner.
For comparing insurances you need more details, there can be lots of difference in the assured amount, options, own risk, ...

Reclame

Terug naar “Burgerlijke Aansprakelijkheid”