Average price for syndicus service

vladojko
Topic Starter

Average price for syndicus service

#1 , 26 nov 2009 11:14

Hi,

I appologize again fro spamming the forum with messages in English. Can someone tell me what is the average price for the syndicus service? The building in which I have the appartment we have 7 appartments in total with average size of 90 m2, and the building is located in Brussels. At the moment, current syndicus which has been appointed by the building company charges around 2500 euros per year, which is more than 300 euros per appartment in average. In my eyes this seems to be quite expensive for the poor service they are giving to us. Can you tell me how much you pay in average for syncicus, and how many appartments your building have?

Thanks
Vladimir

Jureca
Juridisch actief: Ja
Regio: België

Een juridische oplossing. Voor elk probleem, voor iedereen!

Benieuwd naar jouw juridische opties? Jureca begeleidt jou aan de geschikte oplossing. Klik hier om jouw situatie te beschrijven en we nemen binnen de 24 uur met jou contact op voor persoonlijke begeleiding
Vandebos

#2 , 26 nov 2009 12:44

Is that only his fee or does it include other costs such as maintainance, water, electricity, insurance, .... ?

vladojko
Topic Starter

#3 , 26 nov 2009 13:00

It is only his fee. The total costs are (approx):

2500 syndic fee
2500 cleaning
2500 lift insurance (Kone)
2500 other costs (electricity, water, insurance, etc)

In total, the calculation is that I have to pay 135 EUR/monthfor the common costs. When I bouth appartment, I was told that all these costs would be between 50 and 70 EUR per month, so I was bit shocked when I saw this calcualtion.

Thanks for your answer!

Reclame

Vandebos

#4 , 26 nov 2009 13:19

Those costs seem to be excessive according to me...

Let me ponder on an organized response for a while.

roharro

#5 , 26 nov 2009 15:22

Do you know exactly for which services the syndicus invoiced you? It is possible that the syndicus has rendered exceptional services during the year which are not included in the basic fee. In the contract we have with the syndicus there is besides the standard fee a list of specific services for which separate (rather high) fees must be paid.

vladojko
Topic Starter

#6 , 26 nov 2009 16:14

No, I do not know exactly the services that they charged. The explanation was that our building has only 7 appartments and that syndic fees are more or less fixed, and that's the reason why the cost per co-owner is relatively high.

Vandebos

#7 , 26 nov 2009 16:27

Would it be possible to post a scan of your end of year account. (without the personal details of course..)

That would indeed make it much easier to check.

And the reasoning offered so far isn't correct... Normal syndic prices are fixed on a per appartment base, NOT on a standard price per building else that would mean that all syndics work nearly for free in the bigger buildings which just involve more work than a small building.

vladojko
Topic Starter

#8 , 26 nov 2009 18:12

I do not have scanner, so i made photos of the end year account, can you imagine, end year account for 2008 we got yesterday, at end of november 2009!

Of course, for any of the costs below we do not have invoice. I covered the name of the syndic itself on the photos.

Can you please comment on sections about price for the cleaning, fee of syndic itself and costs for elevator? For elevator, they say it is full insurance so we do not have to pay anything if the elevator break down. For cleaning, I think that someone is coming every week to clean the small area in front appartments on each 4floors (maybe 3 m2 on each flor), area at enterance door (also around 3-4 m2), and they clean stairs once in two weeks.

Photos are here:

Afbeelding
Afbeelding

Thanks for your help!
Vladimir

roharro

#9 , 26 nov 2009 18:31

I checked our contract with the syndicus. The fixed fee is 3072 EUR per year (this does NOT include administrative costs like stamps, phone calls, cost of annual meeting of owners, etc.,etc.) There are 19 appartments. So the fixed part of the total fee amounts to about 162 EUR per year for each appartment.

vladojko
Topic Starter

#10 , 26 nov 2009 19:20

Here it seems that fixed price is 4 x 569,29 = 2277.16 for 7 appartments, which is 325 euros per appartment. I will wait few more price examples from other people who also live in buildings with 6-7 appartments before start looking for another cheaper syndic in west part of Brussels (Jette, Koekelberg, Molenbeek, Anderlecht).

If anyone has some company to recommend, you can send me private message to avoid reclames on the forum...

Vandebos

#11 , 26 nov 2009 21:21

325/12 months = € 27 a month per appartment. For Brussels that is a normal price ( even a bit on the low side, I know syndics who ask up to € 45/month/flat in Brussels.)

At least I suppose this is the end of year account for the entire building and not just the part you have to pay?

If I am correct the prices seem reasonable for Brussels although I would like to know what caused Kone to bill €2.000 in just 14 days.

You, as an owner, have the right to control all the bills in the office of the syndic. (best make an appointment of course..)

vladojko
Topic Starter

#12 , 26 nov 2009 21:36

Well, they say it is kind of "omnium" insurance, in the case of elevator problems they would fix it free of charge. According to syndic, if elevator is broken the reparation is super expensive, and this is much better solution. I wonder if that is correct...

The bill is for entire building, of course ;-)

Vandebos

#13 , 26 nov 2009 21:43

Then the prices seem to be reasonable for Brussels.

The only exception seems to be the elevator, I lack the technical expertise to be able to pass a reliable opinion on that subject. However there are external firms who will inspect the elevators, check out the type of contract you have and advise wether or not it is alright or needs changing.

vladojko
Topic Starter

#14 , 26 nov 2009 21:55

Is there any reason why is the syndic service in Brussels double more expensive comparing with the price roharro mentioned? The difference between 160 and 325 euro is quite big I would say. Is the service more expensive because building is in Brussels, or because syndic itself is located in Brussels?

I will propose neighbourg to oursource syndic to India or China then :-)

roharro

#15 , 26 nov 2009 22:54

I made a fundamental error in quoting the cost figures. The total annual fixed syndicus fee is indeed 3072 EUR, but since only 7 appartments (out of 19) have been sold I pay 1/7 th i.e. 438 EUR (=36.5 EUR monthly).

The budgetted total annual common costs were estimated at 24000 EUR per annum. My monthly share in the total common costs is 285 EUR. To be augmented by another 20 EUR per month as my share in the common costs of the garages. Total is 305 EUR. This includes neither private heating costs, nor electricity consumption, nor water consumption.

Terug naar “Mede-eigendom & Nabuurschap”